Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year End Wrap-up

While I'm putting the finishing touches on the January-February newsletter, I thought I'd post a couple follow-ups for the end of the year.

First off is a link to an Everett Herald article about Fred Ensslin, World War II veteran and Seattle Base member. The article originally appeared in the Veteran's Day edition of the paper, but I'm sure most of us didn't get a chance to see it then.
Fred Ensslin: now and then
I also wanted to post the link to the PDF file version of Bill and Wes Hogan's Bonefish scrapbook. This is the same scrapbook that was shown at our November meeting. You can find the scrapbook as one file or broken into separate chapters on the USSVI Bonefish Base website on the History page. The links to the PDF files are about half-way down the page. Our thanks go out to the Hogan's for sharing this with us.
The Bonefish Memorial plaque at Navy Base Kitsap

No comments:

Post a Comment