Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June Updates

With Summer getting underway, here are a few updates from Seattle Base and local area.
 
Bangor Tour Full
Dick Gonzalez reports that the Bangor tour is full and no additional applications can be accepted. It should be a fun trip.

National Office Manager Looking for a Member to Assist 
USSVI National Office Manager Fred Borgmann is in search of a volunteer to to spend 2 hours a week at his office in Silverdale. The job is for mailing out letters to members for various reasons (such as new membership cards, thank you notes, etc.) under Fred's guidance. It is rewarding and keeps you up to date on current events. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Fred telephone: 360-337-2978 and email: ussvi@telebyte.net

Bangor Flag Retirement Ceremony 
An invitation to attend the Trident Training Facility's Flag Day Ceremony at Deterrent Park on Monday, June 13th at 1300 has been extended to Submarine Veterans. They have plenty of flags to retire but would love to have as many guests as possible. Please contact Chief Parker if you are interested or have any questions.
ETC Parker
Flag Day Ceremony POC
Trident Training Facility Bangor
360-315-2702

Western Region Director Elections 
The USSVI elections are coming up later this year and Jim Denzien, Sr., asked us to post his candidacy announcement for the for Western Regional Director position. Please take a few moements to read through it.
If you’re in Western District 1, I hope you already know me. I’m Jim Denzien, District Commander since September 2013. If you don’t know me, I’m asking for your support and your vote to move up to Western Region Director in this year’s election.

So what would I do as your Regional Director? I have learned how to support our members. This means listening to my shipmates and having the knowledge on how to work with the USSVI National organization to get their problems solved.

So, in addition to my service as a District Commander, what experience and background would I bring to the job as your Regional Director?

I joined USSVI in 2001 as one of the founding members of South Florida Base in Boynton Beach, FL. After moving to Arizona in 2003, I joined Perch Base in Phoenix and was elected Base Treasurer. Soon after I became a Life Member of USSVI. When some of our Base members who lived far north of the Phoenix area needed relief from the long travel for meetings and events, I joined with others in forming a new Base, Gudgeon, in Prescott Valley, AZ. I’m proud to be plank owner there too.

With Perch Base, I have served the members in various positions including Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Commander culminating in being Base Commander of Perch Base for four years. I have been honored as the Perch Base Member of the Year in 2007 and received the National Robert Link Award in 2014.

What will my shipmates of the Western Region get if I’m elected? First and foremost, I will provide first class representation for all members of the Western Region at the National level. I will firmly support USSVI’s Constitution and Bylaws and support our National officers in conducting the business of USSVI. I will always be available to the District Commanders in the Western Region for guidance as required in the performance of their duties.

But most important, I am a firm believer in communication in plain straight forward language between the National level and each USSVI member. That would be my number one job; your voice in running your organization, United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.

James R. (Jim) Denzien, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment