|The Seattle Base Float at a previous Labor Day Parade|
We will have coffee and treats at the Black Diamond Museum, located at 32627 Railroad Avenue 98010 (just west of the Fire Station at the foot of Baker Street) prior to the parade. The parade starts at 10 AM and finishes up at the school ballpark where the entrees can park and display their floats, etc. It is about a 4-5 block walk from the start of the parade to the school ballpark. Everything is within walking distance and the event is very well attended. Highway 169 will be closed during the parade, so I suggest that you arrive early as parking will be at a premium.
Here are some of the planned events for Monday:
- Pancake Breakfast 7AM - 10:30 at the Masonic Hall (across from the fire station)
- Booth Set-up 8-10 AM at school ballpark
- Parade Line-up 8 AM Car Show (about 100 old-time autos) at the Black Diamond Eagles (across the street from Museum)
- Booths & Inflatables 10-3 at school ballpark
- Parade 10 AM
- Awards & Announcements 11:15 at school ballpark
- Black Diamond Eagles BBQ for the public (across the street from Museum)
- Entertainment 12-4 (at school ballpark)
- Museum Tours 12-4
- Sporting Events 12-4 (running races, 3-legged races, Wheelbarrow Races, Shoe Kicking, Egg Toss, Dunk Tank, etc.)
- Labor Day Button Raffle Drawing 3 PM
It would be nice to know how many of you can be there - please let us know. Leave a message by email or phone (360-886-0778).