Monday, November 30, 2015

December 2015 Commander's Corner

I know you will agree that we are most fortunate to have a good number of committed board members and dedicated volunteers insuring we succeed as a Base. We appreciate them and often make it a point to recognize their work. By their example we hope others will be inspired to participate during this current election cycle.

Another major asset we may sometimes fail to recognize are the woman in our midst. They play a large roll often working behind the scenes directly or indirectly. They inspire us, participate, and provide supporting rolls in so many of our events. They are our wives, partners, and associate members. We owe them a debt of gratitude and are better off because of them.

Looking back, we had a terrific year and as I step aside to make room for a new leader. During this period, I gained a greater appreciation for the meaning of our “Brotherhood.” I met and enjoyed collaborating with other bases including the national USSVI leadership. They are inspirational and strive to insure we perpetuate our special union.

I wish to thank my shipmates for encouraging and motivating me throughout the last two years. I am honored.

I hope each and every one of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Santa arriving on USS Providence (SSN-719)

Dick Gonzalez
Seattle Base Commander

No comments:

Post a Comment